Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Besides medical reasons, should people under the age of 18 be allowed cosmetic surgery?

This is a survey please help!Besides medical reasons, should people under the age of 18 be allowed cosmetic surgery?
Depends on the surgery they want and their reasons for it. I could understand if a girl has cup A on her left and cup C on the right breast and she felt miserable about it, but 13-year-olds asking to get their body fat sucked out is just not normal.Besides medical reasons, should people under the age of 18 be allowed cosmetic surgery?
Yes. I believe they should be. This life is hard enough to live without having to go through it with a big nose, or small boobs.





But, besides the superficial aspect of it, there is also deformations. Like the girl who died in New York this past winter. She wanted surgery because one of her boobs was considerably bigger than the other, and didn't want to be teased or seen as a freak in her new school. It wasn't like it was causing her health problems, it was just something she was very insecure about and wanted fixed. Unfortunately, her story had a sad ending.
No, that would give the image that it's okay to transform your body as long as you have money. Most of the time, it's not someone's nose, or ears that they really hate - it's much more deep than that. The emotional problems must be helped first, because I guarantee getting surgery wouldn't satisfy a lot of people.
I think it all depends on the person and how they were raised, but in my opinion, there is NOTHING wrong with getting cosmetic surgery when you are younger than 18. If you feel like it will improve your self esteem, then do it. I know from personal experience. I got breast implants when I was 17. It never had any negative effects on my self esteem and I feel much better about myself.
no, they're bodies are still changing.
  • different myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin moles