Thursday, December 3, 2009

Use by dates on cosmetics?

I have body lotion, shower cream and body spray and all of them have a use by date on them but they have expired since 22/08/2008.


Can I still use them or do they have use by dates for a reason (what reason?)?


What could it do if I did use them?Use by dates on cosmetics?
they have them to protect you and your skin etc i would only use theses products only for 1 or 2 months after use by and beyond that no more by rights you should really get rid of them now to be safe the chemicals in products might go bad or toxic after a certain timeUse by dates on cosmetics?
I would take notice of expiry dates on anything which I was going to apply to my body or face. I wouldn't think it would matter too much if it is just a few weeks as there is usually some leeway and they are usually on the cautious side with these dates but I wouldn't use anything beyond that.


They put dates on things like cosmetics because they often contain ingredients which deteriorate after a certain time. Some chemicals can actually become harmful if left too long so just err on the side of caution if you are not sure.


The trouble is that you can spend a lot of money on some cosmetics and then not use them all up. That is one reason I have hung onto stuff in the past, long after I should have and probably why lots of people do too.
I would use the body products .


Only eye -make -up ( mascara and eyeshadow ) you should not use for more than 2 month after opening ! Strangely they don't have any dates on them !
you arent supposed to use products 6months after you buy them as bacteria and germs build up!


but i would say you could stil use them, i dont think it would cause any harm!





gud luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles