Saturday, November 28, 2009

Is it possible for an old cosmetic sponge to cause really bad painful breakouts on my chin?

ok so i have really bad pimples on my chin right now, they keep popping up other places too. this has been going on for a few weeks. they have been forming during the school day and over-night and when i think one is going away, 2 more pop up. i've tried pro-active for two months and all it did was make my skin shiny, and bleach our towels. so i went back to the arbonne acne line, which doesnt work either. i clean my face in the morning and night and i have no idea why my skin isnt improving. these pimples hurt and are embarassing. some are whiteheads and some are just big painful pink mountains. like i said they are mostly on my chin right now. i eat right and i rarely tough my chin and when i do i always wash my hands first. could be an old cosmetic sponge? i really dont know... i need help because im using product, and even if it's just a phase. something i've been using should help my pimples improve.. not get worse! help me please!!!Is it possible for an old cosmetic sponge to cause really bad painful breakouts on my chin?
Yes, definitely. Use new ones, or clean the ones you have with warm water and a mild detergent. Never share cosmetics with other people either. And if they're more than a few months old, toss them and get new ones.Is it possible for an old cosmetic sponge to cause really bad painful breakouts on my chin?
um...try st. ives
THE SPONGE COULD BE THE REASON WHY YOU ARE BREAKING OUT YOU ALSO MIGHT WANT TO THINK OF THE MAKE UP YOU USE IT COULD BE THE MAKE IT SELF OR THE TYPE OF MAKE UP YOU USE I WOULD RECCOMEND BARE MINERALS MY COUSIN USES IT AND IT IS GREAT AND ALSO YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY CLINIQUE FACE WASH
Yes, the sponge is likely a breeding ground for acne causing bacteria. You may want to switch to using your fingertips, a foundation brush applicator (I use one by Mac), or just use the sponge once and toss it.





Best of luck.
Breakouts can be caused by a number of things. Age and puberty can definately be a factor. If you do not believe that age is the case it could be several other things. You mentioned that you changed products. If you wash your face too much, or the product is too strong, you skin can overcompensate and create more oil to even out your skin. Secondly not every acne product works for everyone.





As for your cosmetic sponge, yes it is probably contributing to the breakouts. You should be replacing it very often. When you use it each time not only are you adding oils to the sponge, but also dead skin cells. To help your skin heal try and take a break from make up ( I know this is hard, as acne is embarrasing). You can just take breaks on days that you stay at home, or right when you get home from work/school. That should help the healing process.





I hope I was able to help you!
YES!!! You should change out all of your make up products every 6 months (eyeliner, mascara, lipstick) and you should change your applicators too every other month at least (sponges, wands, lip brushes)





To be honest I have done EVER medication out there including acutane the strongest acne medicine you can only go on it twice in your life. It was a pain. The best product I have ever used is the cheap crap. Clearasil Overnight Breakout Treatment. They sell it at walmart for like 5 bucks best thing ever. I was my face in with a deep action rinse every other day and use just water and toner the other days and apply the treatment at night to any bad areas. I also use a dual action mositurizer./acne fighter in the morning. Since washing soo much dries my skin out. I use the entire Clearasil Line.
yes


It could be infested with bacteria. Get a new sponge or else bleach the old one.
The sponge is definitely a problem. Try using your fingers for foundation application. Also, the big red mountains you mention may be cystic acne, not regular pimples. This kind of acne often doesn't respond well to over the counter type meds- I know it's a pain, but you may wanna see the dermatologist before it gets out of hand.
it could be. any kind of old makeup, especially eye makeup will collect bacteria from your face and store it in the makeup and it will multiply. Gross, huh? but if you have open pores, pimples and are applying more bacteria in them, then it will probably cause a bigger breakout. I don't know how often you are supposed to change makeup stuff, i think 3-6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles