Monday, November 30, 2009

Can you still get moles removed for cosmetic reasons in the UK?

i want to get a mole removed on my fore head, i get it checked regulary and its fine but i hate it, will they remove it just for this reason?Can you still get moles removed for cosmetic reasons in the UK?
if they believe it is causeing you emotional difficulties i.e depression, or if it cause social difficulties i.e you get people looking at you in a not very nice way, then it is possible they will do it for you.Can you still get moles removed for cosmetic reasons in the UK?
only privately...the nhs will not fund it...unless you have a very sympathetic doctor.
If it is itchy doctors will remove it.


Last year I had a small mole on my back and it was itchy, my doctor told me to make a 20 minute appointment with her and the nurse at the same time, she numbed my back, removed the mole and then put a few stitches in it.


A week later I had the stitches out.


It may depend on your postcode NHS lottery, I am in Somerset but we can not get free osteopaths on the NHS here but I did in Berkshire.


Tell your doctor it is itchy and they may well do it for you.
A lot of gp surgery's' do small procedures like removing moles, I would ask your gp.
Yes they would remove it for a fee. Most insurance companies will not pay for it simply because it is cosmetic. You may have to pay out of pocket.
Yes you can butlike all things there's a downside -- you have to pay for it. Insurance wont cover it.


___X
You will have a scar left, would you rather have the mole, or a scar?





Speak to your doctor, they worst they will say is no, and then you will know if you have to start saving up for private surgery.
Yes, if you pay for it. It doesn't cost much though, probably about 拢50 to have it removed and they will often send it off to a lab to make sure it is benign.
i think i know who u r

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles